Welcome to our Volunteer Centre, working to promote volunteering and supporting local voluntary and community organisations in Tameside since 1975.
Now part of Community and Voluntary Action Tameside, our overall aim is to build a strong, vibrant base for volunteering in Tameside through developing volunteering opportunities, recruiting and placing volunteers and by supporting organisations that need volunteers to do their work.
We aim to help the community in two main ways:
Encouraging people to volunteer and supporting existing volunteers by:
- Developing and seeking out volunteering opportunities
- Promoting those opportunities to as wide a local audience as possible
- Offering training and support, where possible, to those looking to volunteer
- Making sure that the hard-work done by volunteers in the area is recognised
- Lobbying for the rights of volunteers
Supporting organisations who involve volunteers in their work by:
- Promoting volunteering and voluntary opportunities on behalf of organisations
- Recruiting and basic selection of volunteers
- We can also offer advice and information on good practice when working with and selecting volunteers
- Through our volunteer coordinators' forum, offer networking and support opportunities
- Offering training and support in all aspects of volunteer recruitment and management
- Working as a registered umbrella body with the DBS (formally CRB), we can process checks on behalf of organisations
- Provide discounted ancillary services such as payroll, photocopying/printing and room-hire
Making the most of our service
These guidelines are used by the staff in the Volunteer Centre as a guide to ensure you receive the best possible services from us.